- All but the last shaded pile of snow has melted.
- Dairy Queen has reopened.
- We drive with the sunroof open (and the heat on).
- The Coast Guard has to warn people that water temperatures are still dangerously cold.
- Skin (other than faces peaking out of a tiny hole) starts to appear.
- Flowers appear (my favorite!)
- Frost heaves disappear (and everyone gets their car realigned).
- April school vacation week (just when we stop having snow days)
- The NH state bird (the blackfly) stops by to annoy us all. Males appear first, but only females bite.
- The sound of hammering, sawing, and occasional swearing as Kilowatt starts on this years outdoor projects....
And One More
5 weeks ago