Meanwhile, here in NH Kilowatt's cousin is just settling in to the NH way of life. She described her Christmas gifts, and most of them involved wool or other heavy materials.
In Northern IL, my brother is tiring of shoveling his driveway by hand as another 8 inches of snow is forecast.
All this leads me to present this commercial message designed to assist you in your shopping for winter related items, detailing the brands I just couldn't live without during our long NH winters.
1. John Deere - you may recall my new best friend from last year. Keeps the driveways clean.
2. Subaru Forester- It may not be sporty, but it loves the snow.
3. LL Bean - outerwear (coats, hats, boots, gloves) - need I say more?
4. Cuddl Duds - think layers, lots of them, that still allow you to move
5. Eucerin - hand creme for serious dry hands (works on feet too)
6. Teavana - because we all need something warm to drink, and not just in the morning.
7. Kleenex - I really don't have to explain this, do I?
8. Ricola - See #7
9. Polartec - soft, fuzzy fleece with a great story (Malden Mills)
and, last but not least....
10. Southwest Airlines - nonstop service to Orlando. So what if it is only 50 degrees there - that's swimming weather!