Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Online Analysis

I subscribe to a number of daily newsletters, and today one of them came through with the following link to a site called Typealyzer.   What, you may ask, is it?  Well, it is a site that will analyze a given blog to attempt to determine the writer's Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.  

I've been a big fan of the MBTI since I first took the test during the early days of my career, and have in fact taken it more than once.  One of the ideas behind the test is that it looks at your personality traits and from there you can determine what type of career you are best suited for.  
After reading about the Typealyzer, I immediately went to the site to try it out.  I have to admit to being a bit disappointed -- I was typed as an ESFP.  Why does this disappoint me?  Because every time I have taken the MBTI, the results have been that I am an INTP.  Granted, I have not shown a very strong preference for the I (introvert) over the E (extrovert).  Similarly, the T (thinking) versus F (feeling) has not a strong preference.  But.... for the N (intuition) versus S (sensing) I'm typically at the far end of the scale as a N.  

So, now I'm curious...and I finally have something blog about:)   If you are a fellow blogger who has taken the MBTI before as I have - do you see similar results?  


1 comment:

Hula Girl at Heart said...

I am en ENFP to a "T". That makes me loud and proud, I guess?